Email notification name vs Forum nickname

Black Rock Rangers Forums Forum Protocols Email notification name vs Forum nickname

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  sharpstick 11 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Citizen
    Participant
    0p

I just posted a reply to a forum thread that I saw courtesy of the allcom link. Since I had the thread open in Gmail, where I receive allcom emails, I also saw my replyy.

When I was an Alpha, I thought Yard Sale would be a nifty callsign, but it turns out there is a Junk Yard and so I got Citizen, which I like better anyhow. Still, when I signed up for all this, Yard Sale got in the system as my user ID. So, despite my changing the setting in my account to Citizen and the forum picking this up in automated opening, e.g. “Allcom, Citizen,” the email addressed to allcom still appears to be coming from Yard Sale. I checked and the Yard Sale name is not in my Contacts anywhere so I don’t think it is coming from there but that it has something to do with how allcom parses the forum traffic or the forum parses its own traffic when sending on to allcom.

Screenshots are attached to show my settings and where the discrepancy arises. Let me know if I can help troubleshoot whenever that happens.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

flint
    Keymaster
    37p
    SF Bay Area

All your account information is what you put into it when you set up your account, there isn’t any data that is being picked up else where. The forum is not tied into the Secret Clubhouse or any other site.

Citizen
    Participant
    0p

10-4, Flint, and thanks for getting back to me.

My user name for logging into the forum is Yard Sale so I wasn’t too surprised to see it there. All of the other identifying information keyed off my nickname rather than my username, however, so I’m wondering if it is possible for the From field transmitted to allcom to do the same.

It’s a small thing and I can work around it by creating a new user ID, I expect, but I’ll probably do nothing instead.

Thanks.

flint
    Keymaster
    37p
    SF Bay Area

Under you User Account (as shown in the image you previously attached), you can change the displayed name under, “Display name publicly as” or simply update the Nickname field.

sharpstick
    Participant
    0p

a shot in the dark, but look in your email client settings for “reply to” or “from” fields.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Forum Protocols’ is closed to new topics and replies.