Feature Requests? Tips?

Black Rock Rangers Forums Forum Protocols Feature Requests? Tips?

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 79 replies, has 26 voices, and was last updated by  Cobalt 7 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 80 total)
  • Author

BumbleBee
    Participant
    6p

Anyway to set a default to “subscribe” to any post we comment to?  See there is a little check box, but didn’t for my first couple of posts/replies and it was hard to find which ones had follow-ups.

Is there a “see all posts you have participated in that have updates” section/place?

-B.

Horsforth
    Participant
    0p
    Toronto

With the recent topics/ recent reply modules to the right of this, would it be possible to make these clickable links?

flint
    Keymaster
    37p
    SF Bay Area

@Farrand said:
    With the recent topics/ recent reply modules to the right of this, would it be possible to make these clickable links?

I think what you’re saying is that if the titles “Recent Topics” and “Recent Replies” could be linked to a page with more extensive results?

flint
    Keymaster
    37p
    SF Bay Area

@BumbleBee said:
    Anyway to set a default to “subscribe” to any post we comment to?  See there is a little check box, but didn’t for my first couple of posts/replies and it was hard to find which ones had follow-ups.

Is there a “see all posts you have participated in that have updates” section/place?

Hey, that’s two questions! ;)

“Notify me of follow-up replies via email,” could be global default for everyone, but I’m not certain everyone would like a lot of emails. Doable, certainly. I’m curious if others would be okay with that.

You can still go back into topics that you’ve created, replied to, or even topics that you’re interested and select the Subscribe link. You should get notifications that way.

You can also check to see what topics you’ve engaged in under your user account. Select your name under your avatar to see the full list.

+1

nuke
    Participant
    1p

A lot of forum-y sites I frequent make all external links pop (target=”blank”).  Can we do that?  Am I the only one that likes that sort of thing?

daMongolian
    Participant
    10p
    SF Bay Area

@flint said:
    “Notify me of follow-up replies via email,” could be global default for everyone, but I’m not certain everyone would like a lot of emails. Doable, certainly. I’m curious if others would be okay with that.

how about a check box, that each user could check or uncheck, that would effect everything on the forum, for that one user?

Horsforth
    Participant
    0p
    Toronto

I think what you’re saying is that if the titles “Recent Topics” and “Recent Replies” could be linked to a page with more extensive results?

Nope,  that I can click on the post detailed and that it will take me directly to that post. At the moment, I have no idea of what forum those posts are in, or what thread they’re in. It seems to me that it makes that feature pretty redundant without that interactivity.

UPDATE: Weird, it does do that on this mac. Maybe my personal settings on my work mac. My bad…

+1

Silent Wolf
    Participant
    3p

Took me a while to get back to this, . . . that’s part of the prob w/ having to use a browser to access the forum for me. W/ Tapatalk I get notified when someone “replies” to a thread that I’m subscribed to, I can also reply right then, . . . it lets me be part of the conversation.

(and remember this is all from a handheld)

Using a browser, can’t do that all the time. Getting it sent to my email, sure. I get a notification that I’ve gotten an email (and maybe, if I’ve set it up, I can find out that it’s from here) , then I have to go there . . . read it, still can’t reply (ok some will let me), and have to browser to the forum to reply.

For me it’s the diff between being on patrol w/ a radio, . . . or doing my shift and when I might get a chance, logging on to hear a recording of the comm traffic. It’s all past tense.

It feel really light weight both in power consumption and memeiry usage, though I haven’t really done much stat checking.

The “New Posts”(or what ever it’s called ;) ) page is great, just need a link to it from every page, like from a top menu. I can live on that kind of page (do on some of the forums)

+1

flint
    Keymaster
    37p
    SF Bay Area

@Silent Wolf said:
    The “New Posts”(or what ever it’s called ;) ) page is great, just need a link to it from every page, like from a top menu. I can live on that kind of page (do on some of the forums)

The active topics link can be found in the sidebar listed as View Active Topics.

Moxie
    Participant
    7p
    Bay Area

Is it possible to make the “biographical info” section more editable?  I don’t seem to be able to end lines where I want to or separate  paragraphs, it  resets itself into one chunk of text.  Not a priority I realize, but it would still be nice.

daMongolian
    Participant
    10p
    SF Bay Area

Actually… is the biographical info viewable by others? I can not see anything Moxie might have in hers, can anyone see mine?

dM

@Moxie said:
    Is it possible to make the “biographical info” section more editable?  I don’t seem to be able to end lines where I want to or separate  paragraphs, it  resets itself into one chunk of text.  Not a priority I realize, but it would still be nice.

Turtle Dove
    Participant
    2p

I can see yours. It doesn’t look like Moxie has filled anything out…

daMongolian
    Participant
    10p
    SF Bay Area

and I can see yours too Turtle Dove…. I guess Moxie rescinded her’s till the formatting is to her liking =)

+1

Silent Wolf
    Participant
    3p

How `bout a “members list”? Say I’m looking for Quicksilver, but he hasn’t posted anything. A members list would let me look to see if he was even reg’d here, than I could send a PM (private message). Something to replace the translator we sometimes use to translate Handle – Email Address.

And, I do like the “follow up” email defalted to always. I find that I would “not” want a reply far less than I would want one. Maybe some thing that we could set in our personal settings, . . . like being able to set our personal default to 50 post per page, less page reloading on small systems and handhelds.

Silent Wolf
    Participant
    3p

Maybe move the “Active Topics” above the “Recent Topics”. It would then be clickable after hitting the “Home” button. Right now I have to hit “Home”, then page down after leaving the end of a thread.

Not like I’m really picky ;)   Just spend a lot of time on forums w/ small handhelds and have found certen things are easier (= spend more time there), on one compared to another.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 80 total)

The forum ‘Forum Protocols’ is closed to new topics and replies.