Missing Subforums

Black Rock Rangers Forums Forum Protocols Missing Subforums

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 9 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  weeheavy 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

flint
    Keymaster
    37p
    SF Bay Area

In this process of building the discussion forum, I included areas that seemed consistent to the ongoing chatter of the Allcom mailing list. We talk about a lot of stuff, but I’ll admit that I may have missed something.

If you believe we should include some major subject matter that would benefit from it’s own sub-forum, please provide your suggestions here.

Belmont
    Participant
    3p
    Oakland, California

I’m wondering if we should have an “in the news” subforum for stuff that’s been bouncing around eplaya and whatnot that’s relevant to ranger interests and is also in non ranger circles. Stuff like the run away girl and so forth. It seems to me a lot of people would like to know about that quickly and want to go there.

caramel
    Participant
    3p

I know we have an intro forum for shiny pennies but what about an intro forum for us oldies?

mushroom
    Participant
    0p

“I know we have an intro forum for shiny pennies but what about an intro forum for us oldies?”

Yes – Ranger Profiles! And on that, and the shiny penny one, a new thread for each person seems appropriate?

Fez Monkey
    Participant
    2p
    San Francisco

An “off topic” subforum for things like job postings, housing searches, and the like?

Fez M. ‘=:(l)

daMongolian
    Participant
    10p
    SF Bay Area

I think for now, housing searches, jobpostings and such, would be appropriate in the “Regional Rangers” section.

I think a separate thread introducing each ranger might be too unwieldy… we have nearly a thousand ‘active’ rangers…

mushroom
    Participant
    0p

I’ve since found the “about” section of “Edit my profile”, which works as I would expect for a bio space for each member. Though even with 1,000 active rangers – how many are likely to visit the forums regularly and – 100? 200? (I personally like the forums a lot better than Allcom, but I don’t know what active vs lurker vs not-on-forums ratio to expect.)

flint
    Keymaster
    37p
    SF Bay Area

@mushroom said:
    I’ve since found the “about” section of “Edit my profile”, which works as I would expect for a bio space for each member. Though even with 1,000 active rangers – how many are likely to visit the forums regularly and – 100? 200? (I personally like the forums a lot better than Allcom, but I don’t know what active vs lurker vs not-on-forums ratio to expect.)

I’ve pondered the same thing and what it turns out to be is that 1% of people create content, 9% edit or modify that content, and 90% view the content without contributing. It is known either as the 1% Rule or the 90–9–1 principle. More information about this may be found on Wikipedia.

+1

doomraider
    Participant
    1p

How about a Regional forum for us SE/East Coast Rangers?

weeheavy
    Participant
    0p

Fluffers!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The forum ‘Forum Protocols’ is closed to new topics and replies.