Personalizing Avatars

Black Rock Rangers Forums Forum Protocols Personalizing Avatars

Tagged: 

This topic contains 17 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  Rocky 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

flint
    Keymaster
    37p
    SF Bay Area

Changing the boring ol’ default avatar and creating your own is fairly simple. We’re using Gravatar on our web forum and here’s how to personalize it:

1. Signup for an account on Gravatar.
    2. Enter your email address and a confirmation message will be sent to you shortly.
    3. Follow the instructions that they provide.

That’s it! It may take a bit of time for your new avatar to appear (or you may need to reload the page).

Bourbon
    Participant
    5p
    Bloomington, IN

Seems to have worked.

I figured out the hard way that those of us who have multiple email addresses can go back and link a new address (the one used to register for the forums, say) to the one we signed up for the account with. No need to create a new account if you were silly enough to sign up with a different address…

DiverDave
    Participant
    6p

I just linked about 8 accounts in. Nice.

Participant
    -1p

Can’t get the Gravatar to upload a pic regardless how long I wait or refresh. :(
    Was a totally pain to register!

Kiote
    Participant
    0p

I couldn’t get it to work either…it sucks…

flint
    Keymaster
    37p
    SF Bay Area

@Sticky said:
    Can’t get the Gravatar to upload a pic regardless how long I wait or refresh. :(
    Was a totally pain to register!

I would recommend trying another browser and seeing if that helps you out at all.

Participant
    -1p

Interesting, that worked. Used Internet Explorer and I’m totally blaming it on you since Bourbon forbids me from using it. lol
    It didn’t like Chrome if anyone else is using Chrome.

Full Gear
    Participant
    2p

Seems to work w/ Firefox. Chrome, esp. on Android, is a little minimalist on some websites.

flint
    Keymaster
    37p
    SF Bay Area

@Kiote said:
    I couldn’t get it to work either…it sucks…

It seems to be working for you now. I know when I first signed up for the gravatar account, it took a bit of time for the avatar to show up. Seems like patience is part of their process.

Hold Me Closer
    Participant
    0p
    Portland, OR

Huh. I didn’t have any problem at all.

Bystander
    Participant
    0p

Hmm….the simple 3 step instructions seem not to have worked

flint
    Keymaster
    37p
    SF Bay Area

@bystander said:
    Hmm….the simple 3 step instructions seem not to have worked

Seems like you need to be a bit more patient, as I can see your avatar now.

Bystander
    Participant
    0p

Heh…Flint you REALLY expect me to be patient? actually I originally had my picture as PG…once I made it G then the system took it

flint
    Keymaster
    37p
    SF Bay Area

@bystander said:
    Heh…Flint you REALLY expect me to be patient? actually I originally had my picture as PG…once I made it G then the system took it

You call that photo PG? *pshaww* You can do better that that ;)

Yeah, the system was set too low at a G-rating. I’ve bumped it up to a PG-rating and I’m going to stop there for now. We do not need to go higher than that.

+1

mickey
    Participant
    5p

I suggest that you hot-link the empty avatar box to the gravatar site, or some other obvious note, perhaps in the welcome-to email…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

The forum ‘Forum Protocols’ is closed to new topics and replies.