Sandbox…

This topic contains 19 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  BumbleBee 12 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

daMongolian
    Participant
    10p
    SF Bay Area

use this for testing your html/post codes

daMongolian
    Participant
    10p
    SF Bay Area

Flint, this is what a quote looks like

<!–

Black Rock Rangers | Burning Man

html.ie #navigation,
    html.ie a.button,
    html.ie .cta,
    html.ie .wp-caption,
    html.ie #breadcrumbs,
    html.ie a.more-link,
    html.ie .gallery .gallery-item img,
    html.ie .gallery .gallery-item img.thumbnail,
    html.ie .widget-container,
    html.ie #author-info {behavior: url(“http://rangers.burningman.com/wp-content/themes/skeleton/PIE.php”);position: relative;}

//

/* */

/* */

(function($){
    $(function(){
    $(“.widget form.bbp-login-form button#user-submit”).each(function(){
    $(this).html($(this).html().toString().replace(String.fromCharCode(34),””));
    });
    });
    })(jQuery);

#header #site-title.graphic a {background-image: url(http://brimstonedev.burningman.com/rangers/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/website-header.jpg);width: px;height: 198px;}

Black Rock Rangers
    Burning Man

Search for:

– Main Menu –Black Rock Rangers
    Who are the Rangers?
    Becoming a Ranger
    Training
    Forums

Black Rock Rangers

The Black Rock Rangers are a volunteer organization dedicated to the safety of the citizens of Black Rock City and its environs. The Black Rock Rangers are a broad cross-section of the Burning Man community who volunteer some of their time in the role of non-confrontational community mediators. They are empowered by the community and the Burning Man board to address safety concerns, mediate disputes, and resolve conflicts when they cannot be resolved by the persons involved. Rangers encourage a community of shared responsibility. Rangers only assist the community when needed.
    Ranger Walk to the Man

var getElementsByClassName=function(a,b,c){if(document.getElementsByClassName){getElementsByClassName=function(a,b,c){c=c||document;var d=c.getElementsByClassName(a),e=b?new RegExp(“\\b”+b+”\\b”,”i”):null,f=[],g;for(var h=0,i=d.length;h<i;h+=1){g=d[h];if(!e||e.test(g.nodeName)){f.push(g)}}return f}}else if(document.evaluate){getElementsByClassName=function(a,b,c){b=b||"*";c=c||document;var d=a.split(" "),e="",f="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml&quot;,g=document.documentElement.namespaceURI===f?f:null,h=[],i,j;for(var k=0,l=d.length;k<l;k+=1){e+="[contains(concat(' ', @class, ' '), ' "+d[k]+" ')]"}try{i=document.evaluate(".//"+b+e,c,g,0,null)}catch(m){i=document.evaluate(".//"+b+e,c,null,0,null)}while(j=i.iterateNext()){h.push(j)}return h}}else{getElementsByClassName=function(a,b,c){b=b||"*";c=c||document;var d=a.split(" "),e=[],f=b==="*"&&c.all?c.all:c.getElementsByTagName(b),g,h=[],i;for(var j=0,k=d.length;j<k;j+=1){e.push(new RegExp("(^|\\s)"+d[j]+"(\\s|$)"))}for(var l=0,m=f.length;l<m;l+=1){g=f[l];i=false;for(var n=0,o=e.length;n<o;n+=1){i=e[n].test(g.className);if(!i){break}}if(i){h.push(g)}}return h}}return getElementsByClassName(a,b,c)},
    dropdowns = document.getElementsByTagName( 'select' );
    for ( i=0; i<dropdowns.length; i++ )
    if ( dropdowns[i].className.match( 'dropdown-menu' ) ) dropdowns[i].onchange = function(){ if ( this.value != '' ) window.location.href = this.value; }

Copyright © Black Rock City, LLC

Top ↑WordPress Themes

/* */

Turtle Dove
    Participant
    2p

<!–

Black Rock Rangers | Burning Man

html.ie #navigation,
    html.ie a.button,
    html.ie .cta,
    html.ie .wp-caption,
    html.ie #breadcrumbs,
    html.ie a.more-link,
    html.ie .gallery .gallery-item img,
    html.ie .gallery .gallery-item img.thumbnail,
    html.ie .widget-container,
    html.ie #author-info {behavior: url(“http://rangers.burningman.com/wp-content/themes/skeleton/PIE.php”);position: relative;}

//

/* */

/* */

(function($){
    $(function(){
    $(“.widget form.bbp-login-form button#user-submit”).each(function(){
    $(this).html($(this).html().toString().replace(String.fromCharCode(34),””));
    });
    });
    })(jQuery);

#header #site-title.graphic a {background-image: url(http://brimstonedev.burningman.com/rangers/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/website-header.jpg);width: px;height: 198px;}

Black Rock Rangers
    Burning Man

Search for:

– Main Menu –Black Rock Rangers
    Who are the Rangers?
    Becoming a Ranger
    Training
    Forums

Black Rock Rangers

The Black Rock Rangers are a volunteer organization dedicated to the safety of the citizens of Black Rock City and its environs. The Black Rock Rangers are a broad cross-section of the Burning Man community who volunteer some of their time in the role of non-confrontational community mediators. They are empowered by the community and the Burning Man board to address safety concerns, mediate disputes, and resolve conflicts when they cannot be resolved by the persons involved. Rangers encourage a community of shared responsibility. Rangers only assist the community when needed.
    Ranger Walk to the Man

var getElementsByClassName=function(a,b,c){if(document.getElementsByClassName){getElementsByClassName=function(a,b,c){c=c||document;var d=c.getElementsByClassName(a),e=b?new RegExp(“\\b”+b+”\\b”,”i”):null,f=[],g;for(var h=0,i=d.length;h<i;h+=1){g=d[h];if(!e||e.test(g.nodeName)){f.push(g)}}return f}}else if(document.evaluate){getElementsByClassName=function(a,b,c){b=b||"*";c=c||document;var d=a.split(" "),e="",f="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml&quot;,g=document.documentElement.namespaceURI===f?f:null,h=[],i,j;for(var k=0,l=d.length;k<l;k+=1){e+="[contains(concat(' ', @class, ' '), ' "+d[k]+" ')]"}try{i=document.evaluate(".//"+b+e,c,g,0,null)}catch(m){i=document.evaluate(".//"+b+e,c,null,0,null)}while(j=i.iterateNext()){h.push(j)}return h}}else{getElementsByClassName=function(a,b,c){b=b||"*";c=c||document;var d=a.split(" "),e=[],f=b==="*"&&c.all?c.all:c.getElementsByTagName(b),g,h=[],i;for(var j=0,k=d.length;j<k;j+=1){e.push(new RegExp("(^|\\s)"+d[j]+"(\\s|$)"))}for(var l=0,m=f.length;l<m;l+=1){g=f[l];i=false;for(var n=0,o=e.length;n<o;n+=1){i=e[n].test(g.className);if(!i){break}}if(i){h.push(g)}}return h}}return getElementsByClassName(a,b,c)},
    dropdowns = document.getElementsByTagName( 'select' );
    for ( i=0; i<dropdowns.length; i++ )
    if ( dropdowns[i].className.match( 'dropdown-menu' ) ) dropdowns[i].onchange = function(){ if ( this.value != '' ) window.location.href = this.value; }

Copyright © Black Rock City, LLC

Top ↑WordPress Themes

/* */

Yup. That is what a quote looks like.

Turtle Dove
    Participant
    2p

Playing with font

Playing with font.

Playing with font!

flint
    Keymaster
    37p
    SF Bay Area

Yeah, seems borked. I think I know what the problem is and I’ll pester the developer of the plugin about this.

Smitty
    Participant
    1p

I dunno, something tells me we’re the software QA nuts of the bunch.
    I see a “Strong ba” in there, but it’s getting eaten… by some… Linux or something.

Turtle Dove
    Participant
    2p

Apparently the font and size of font functions aren’t so great either.

Or will this work…

Turtle Dove
    Participant
    2p

Trying code before and after. xx-large looks like this : (span style=”font-size: xx-large;”> </span)

Turtle Dove
    Participant
    2p

:!: 8-O :-x :twisted:

Might as well try crossed out words too.

Oh this give me and IDEA!

Nope. That idea did not work.

I doubt color will either but if above has any color then it might… hmmmm

flint
    Keymaster
    37p
    SF Bay Area

Mmm, the limitations on what HTML you can use may be a bit constricted, which is why you can’t underline or strike through text. I’ll open that up in a bit.

Turtle Dove
    Participant
    2p

Sandbox testing now.
    And still.
    And still.
    We shall see how it turns out today!

Turtle Dove
    Participant
    2p

Hahahaha. I just went to pick a different color font and the color choices say “Pick any color as long as it is black!” THAT is hilarious.

flint
    Keymaster
    37p
    SF Bay Area

I’m developing a new WordPress theme that should take care of several of these issues.

I honestly do appreciate all of you for breaking the site, as I’m able to fortify it more. Hang tight for the new site, but it’ll be a subtle change.

daMongolian
    Participant
    10p
    SF Bay Area

“Hahahaha. I just went to pick a different color font and the color choices say ‘Pick any color as long as it is black!’ THAT is hilarious.” – Turtledove

I saw that, I was thinking it should be changed to say “Pick any color as long as it is Khaki!” but I figured that’d be too hard to read.

flint
    Keymaster
    37p
    SF Bay Area

@Ranger Turtle Dove said:
    Apparently the font and size of font functions aren’t so great either.

Or will this work…

Give the new text options a whirl. They should work now.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

The forum ‘Forum Protocols’ is closed to new topics and replies.