Using forum via iPhone?

Black Rock Rangers Forums Forum Protocols Using forum via iPhone?

This topic contains 20 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Bayou 10 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

BumbleBee
    Participant
    6p

Trying to post via iPhone has been very clunky (to put it mildly). Any suggestions on how to make that work better from either my end or the forum’s? I miss my nice email editor.

flint
    Keymaster
    37p
    SF Bay Area

@BumbleBee said:
    Trying to post via iPhone has been very clunky (to put it mildly). Any suggestions on how to make that work better from either my end or the forum’s? I miss my nice email editor.

Can you be a bit more specific on “clunky”? What is working and what isn’t?

BumbleBee
    Participant
    6p

Let me see if I can attache an example of a screen shot. Issues:
    *Don’t see the whole edit window.
    *Window doesn’t scale to match screen width (no word wrap)
    *Have to try to scroll around for the “submit” button as it is hidden down in the corner, way off the screen–this is a bit tricky.
    *Various edit buttons/menu interface is just atrocious on the screen–it in now way scales to fit the screen, etc.

-B.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

daMongolian
    Participant
    10p
    SF Bay Area

I’m reading and responding via an iPhone right now…

it seems find if you rotate and use the landscape mode.

dM

flint
    Keymaster
    37p
    SF Bay Area

@BumbleBee said:
    Let me see if I can attache an example of a screen shot.

What iOS are you using?

BumbleBee
    Participant
    6p

iOS 6.1.3

And landscape isn’t much better. Suppose it cuts off *less* of the text box at the expense of vertical space, and using the landscape keyboard. If word wrap/screen fit worked, that might be a reasonable trade-off.

Attachments:

flint
    Keymaster
    37p
    SF Bay Area

@BumbleBee said:
    iOS 6.1.3

And landscape isn’t much better. Suppose it cuts off *less* of the text box at the expense of vertical space, and using the landscape keyboard. If word wrap/screen fit worked, that might be a reasonable trade-off.

Well, huh. I’m using the same iOS and can’t replicate the issues you’re having. The attached image is what it looks like on my Jobsian device.

Any site changes are going to happen once we’re showered and ensconced after the event. If y’all have additional observations, please let me know so that I can add them to my list of fixes.

Attachments:

Ice Cream
    Participant
    5p

Flint, it is the same on my iPhone 4S. The submit button is just barely accessible in landscape mode and off screen in vertical mode. And there is no text wrapping so I can’t see the entire line of text. I have resorted to posting on my computer only. I would be happy to demonstrate when on playa (if signal of course).

IC

BumbleBee
    Participant
    6p

Flint,
    Wow, that is a *much* nicer looking screen. How do I get that? I’m also on a 4S iPhone. Understood about timing, I wasn’t expecting any site changes right now–was mostly wondering about apps for the site, etc. (As much as I dislike specialized apps for everything.

-B.

Silent Wolf
    Participant
    3p

I’m android, but I think Tapatalk is the one that I use for forums, . . . would like to be able to get this forum through that ;)

BumbleBee
    Participant
    6p

Flint,

Let me know when you want more info from me for trouble-shooting iPhone interface to the forums–it’s really not usable for me at the moment. I can’t actually see/edit most of edit box via iPhone.

Thanks,
    -B.

flint
    Keymaster
    37p
    SF Bay Area

@BumbleBee said:
    Let me know when you want more info from me for trouble-shooting iPhone interface to the forums–it’s really not usable for me at the moment. I can’t actually see/edit most of edit box via iPhone.

I just spent some quality time with the system and have updated a number of things on the back- and front-end. This should also include the issues some of you are experiencing on your Jobsian iDevices. Please do let me know if you are having any persistent issues around this.

Silent Wolf
    Participant
    3p

Can we access it through Tapatalk yet ;)

flint
    Keymaster
    37p
    SF Bay Area

@Silent Wolf said:
    Can we access it through Tapatalk yet ;)

I’ve just set up the functionality of it this morning and would love it if you could try it out. I could certainly use your assistance on knowing how well this works as I’m not savvy with Tapatalk.

Silent Wolf
    Participant
    3p

Will do

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

The forum ‘Forum Protocols’ is closed to new topics and replies.